Characteristics of Log Furniture
Wood furniture and especially rustic log furniture is manufactured using raw materials with natural imperfections. Splits, cracks, knots, colors, shapes, sizes, moisture content, log harvesting methods and equipment, insects, weather, time and many other variables may all contribute to what a piece of furniture looks like today, tomorrow and decades into the future. Each piece is unique and that’s exactly why we love it.
One of the most common questions pertaining to log or natural wood furniture pertains to a term called “Checking”. As illustrated in the sample picture below, checking or cracking, naturally occurs as wood releases moisture. The cracks often occur across or through the annual growth rings. Checking can range from very slight slivers to cracks that run the full length of the log. Although checking may actually change over time, it's normal, natural and it does not affect the integrity or strength of the furniture. In fact, it’s one of the most popular features of log furniture.
Although we employ highly skilled artisans and manufacturing professionals, there are some things that are out of our control. We will always do our best to provide our customers with the best products available, but it’s imperative that all customers be made fully aware of both the beauty and unpredictability of high-quality wood furniture. In the event assistance is needed, call us. We take tremendous pride in both our products and our customer service.
Unless noted otherwise in writing, all products are warrantied from defects in craftsmanship for 2 calendar years. Hidden Lake, LLC staff shall:
• Review all warranty claims and;
• At its sole discretion, determine the validity of such claims and;
• Upon confirmation of a valid warranty claim, take the appropriate actions to repair or replace any defective products or portions thereof.
Warranty coverage DOES NOT include ANY damage caused by misuse, weather related events, abuse or other similar factors. Hidden Lake, LLC does not warranty any products delivered to, or placed in, any commercial business.
Most of our products are made to order with manufacturing and delivery contingent upon multiple factors, including some factors that are beyond our control. Although we do our best to provide estimated delivery times, some items will ship sooner and on rare occasions, some products may be briefly delayed at times. Delivery times are only estimates and should never be interpreted as guarantees.
When an order is placed we initiate multiple steps to promptly secure the fulfilment of that order. This includes items pertaining to procuring raw materials, labor, supplies, production and other resources. If an order needs to be cancelled for ANY reason, please contact as soon as possible. The following Cancellation Policy is as follows:
• Orders cancelled within 72 hours of being placed are refundable up to 100%.
• Orders cancelled after 72 hours are subject to a cancellation fee between 5% and 35%. The cancellation fee shall be solely determined by Hidden Lake, LLC and is based upon multiple factors, including but not limited to, the status of the order at the time of the cancellation.
• Products that are unopened and in the same condition as when they departed our production facility may be returned within 15 calendar days from the delivery receipt date and;
• All product returns shall require a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number issued by Hidden Lake, LLC. Any products returned without a Hidden Lake, LLC RMA will not be accepted and;
• All non-customized product returns are subject to a 35% restocking fee, plus all shipping costs incurred by Hidden Lake, LLC for delivery to the customer and return delivery to the Hidden Lake, LLC production facility in Marlette, Michigan and;
• All customized product returns are subject to a 50% restocking fee, plus all shipping charges incurred by Hidden Lake, LLC for delivery to the customer and return delivery to the Hidden Lake, LLC production facility in Marlette, Michigan and;
• Refunds, minus the above fees and costs, will be issued in approximately 30 days using the same method of payment that was used to place the original order.
Shipping and Damage Policy
Hidden Lake, LLC contracts with multiple companies to deliver products to customers. Smaller items are generally shipped via FedEx, UPS, USPS or other similar companies. Larger and/or heavier orders are generally transported via freight companies that may provide such services using large trucks. Large deliveries are subject to the policies of the freight companies providing such services and customers may be subject to additional delivery costs due to accessibility and other potential challenges. If there is any reason to believe a potential delivery accessibility challenge may exist, please contact us prior to ordering.
While small and light products are generally delivered near the customers home or business, unless other wise noted, large orders are delivered to the driveway street curb and are likely to be securely packaged on pallets. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to transport the product(s) from the delivery drop off point to the final destination.
Our FREE standard shipping includes curbside delivery. The driver will pull up as safely and closely as he can to your shipping destination. He will bring the items to the back of the trailer where you can unload them. The driver may or may not help unload your furniture from the truck. In most cases, he cannot since standard shipping requires the driver to do neither. If you expect a shipment, it’s best to have 2-3 sets of hands available.
Although careful steps are taken to ensure the secure delivery of products, damage during the shipping process may occur.
• It is the customer's sole responsibility to inspect ALL product deliveries for damage at the time of delivery and;
• Note all visible damages on the Proof of Delivery Form and;
• Take pictures of any noticeable damage if possible
• Immediately contact Hidden Lake, LLC staff as soon as possible to report the damage and obtain further instructions. Be aware that these shipping companies are run by their own policies and procedures, which are completely out of our control.